Wedding Reception Ideas that Make for a Unique Wedding Celebration
There are a lot of wedding reception ideas that engaged couples can consider to make their wedding celebration truly unique. This could be the wedding location itself, the wedding traditions that they incorporate, the stunning decorations or the entertainment they provide during the wedding reception.
White Wedding Theme
The same as with the wedding ceremony, you will want to spend some time thinking about how to add personal touches to your reception to make it more meaningful to you as a couple.
Listed below are popular wedding reception ideas that you can consider.
- Decorations. How you spruce up the place makes a big impression. Think about the time of year when deciding on decorations. If you have a fall outdoor wedding, think fall colors. You can use small pumpkins as place card holders, pin the names on them. Use antique lanterns with tea lights inside for centerpieces and scatter fake maple leaves around it. This makes for a rustic yet classy theme.
- Theme. If you are having an outdoor wedding and want to have an outdoor reception also, then it just follows that your wedding reception will be held in the same place where you have your ceremony. You can add a unique touch by going for a themed wedding reception.
If it's a beach wedding, a luau theme is a good touch. You can use coconut scented candles in real coconut shells as centerpieces. You can pass out leis or orchids to guests. You can serve authentic foods provided during Hawaiian luaus, serve tropical drinks and tropical flavored juices. You might even want to have a roast pig too! And for the best touch, hire hula dancers to perform at your reception and also give hula lessons to your guests.
- Location. Some couples who have their wedding ceremony located outdoors opt for an indoor wedding reception. Unique ideas for indoor reception locations include renting a room at an aquarium. Some big cities have
that have a ballroom with large observation windows that would be truly a unique experience for guests.
Other unique location ideas include renting an art gallery, historical museums, bed and breakfast inns or even your area's visitor center.
- Wedding traditions. Wedding traditions of today makes your wedding celebration fun and memorable. They vary greatly between cultures, ethnic groups, religions, countries and social classes. The most common Western wedding traditions are the wedding cake, wedding toast and honeymoon.
- Entertainment. Weddings can quickly become somewhat dull for many guests when they are at a wedding and they do not dance and do not know too many people at the reception. Unique entertainment ideas include hiring dance instructors specifically for guests who might need a little coaching. Another unique idea is to rent a photo booth where guests can do all their wacky poses with their friends.
These are just a few wedding reception ideas for you and your husband-to-be to consider. How you incorporate these wedding reception ideas into your wedding celebration makes for a unique wedding experience that is truly yours.
More Wedding Reception Articles
Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
Outdoor Wedding Reception
Return from Wedding Reception Ideas to Home Page