Wedding Trends for 2009
Most wedding trends in 2009 are shaped by the ongoing economic downturn that is being felt by our country and across the globe. According to The Wedding Report, if we continue to see more economic turmoil the number of weddings will decline this year as couples wait for the economy to recover.
Here are the money-saving trends in 2009 as reported by The Wedding Report.
2. Destination weddings or destination type weddings closer to home.
3. Accent colors on dresses and cakes with the most popular being greens and blues.
4. Increased reliance on family and friends to help plan, pay, and provide some of the services.
5. Increased use of green and echo friendly products and services
6. Simplified decorations, centerpieces and wedding invitations.
7. Increased use of online RSVP’s vs. traditional mail-in RSVPs.
8. Off-peak weddings;Mornings, Afternoons, Fridays, Sundays, October becomes the new June.
9. Buffet meals, Hors d’oeuvre, and cocktail receptions.
11. All-inclusive packages.