Maid of Honor Duties and Wedding Toast Samples
Ever wonder exactly what are the maid of honor duties? Before we dig deeper, let's know more about the maid of honor.
The maid of honor is usually the bride's sister, or a best friend. If the person is married, she is called the matron of honor. The maid of honor is the bride's personal attendant during the ceremony. She may be distinguished from the bridesmaids by a slight variation in the style or color of her dress or by slightly different flowers.
1. Coordinates with the bridesmaids. This could include keeping them informed about fittings, pre-wedding parties, or anything else they need to know.
2. Hosts a shower with the help of the bridesmaids. This includes planning, setting up, and splitting the costs.
3. Hosts, plan, and set up the bachelorette party with the help of the bridesmaids.
4. Pays for her own wedding day attire. This includes the dress, jewelry, and shoes.
5. Helps the bride shop for wedding dresses, or at least offer.
6. Acts as bride's witness for the marriage license if applicable.
7. Helps the bride with her gloves, train, veil, flowers, prayer book, etc., during the ceremony.
8. Hold the groom's wedding band and gives it to the bride or clergy person at the appropriate moment in the ceremony.
9. Stands in the receiving line to greet guests.
10. Gives the bride a toast during the wedding reception if given the opportunity.
11. Helps where needed at reception; makes sure bride has a chance to eat and drink something. Giving a wedding toast to the bride is one of the many maid of honor duties. And if she is like most of the majority, the idea of giving a wedding speech is the most difficult duties to perform.
Listed below are maid of honor wedding speech samples. Use the exact sample or modify it to your liking.
Free Toast Samples
Wedding Toast: Maid of Honor Toast to Bride
(Bride), we have shared so much our lives with each other. I am so honored to be sharing this day with you. Starting today, you will begin to share a life with (groom), but remember that I will always be here for you and always ready to stand up by your side. Here’s to our everlasting friendship!
Wedding Toast: Maid of Honor Toast to Couple
It can be hard to share your best friend with someone else, but I have been thrilled to share (Bride) with (Groom.) The love you show to each other is inspiring and beautiful and I look forward to seeing it continue to grow. I am honored to be able to raise a toast to my wonderful best friend and her new husband. To (Bride) and (Groom)!
Wedding Toast: Matron of Honour Toast to Couple
To the bride and groom, may the love you share today be one day seen as small, compared to the love you will feel ten years from now, fifty years from now. May you continue to grow in love and as individuals and may this day just be the start of how big your love can grow.
Wedding Toast: Maid of Honor Toast to Couple - funny toast
Someone once said that in order to make a marriage work, there should be space in your togetherness. To be honest, I hope there is a lot of space in your togetherness because I don’t want to miss out my weekly manicure appointment with (Bride!) Seriously though, in times when you are together in the same room or across town or even the world, remember the love that you feel today and I know you will always be happy in your togetherness. To the Bride and Groom!
Wedding Toast: Maid of Honor Toast to Groom
To (Groom), who through his love has shown me a different side of (Bride.) He has made her happier than I have ever seen her, and I can’t wait to witness how your love continues to help her grow. I am so happy that she has you in her life. To (Groom)!
Now you're ready to get started being a wonderful maid of honor. With the hardest part of your maid of honor duties taken cared of, you can make the bride's wedding day stress-free, special, and memorable!